So here is a detail about the silhouette which is the outline of the dress. When you know the options and what suits u best it is easy for you to decide on your wedding dress.
- A-Line is an easy style for almost any figure. It has a flared skirt and less defined waistline.
- Ball Gown is the ultimate fairy tale dress, with a tightly fitted bodice, full skirt and defined waistline.
- Empire is great for a slim line. The waistline starts just under the bust, and the skirt is close fitted.
- Mermaid is a form-fitting gown with a fishtail hem; looks great in slinky material.
- Sheath is the most contemporary style. The close-fitting shape hugs your curves and ends with a slight flare.
There are many factors that determine your choice of fabric: dress style, season, body type, and the formality of your wedding.
- Brocade is a type of fabric that can be very heavy, it is a good option for a winter wedding dress or a fall wedding dress.
- Chiffon is the most delicate and sheer fabric. It can be made from silk or rayon and due to its transparency it is often layered.
- Damask is a lighter weighing version of brocade.
- Illusion is a fine net fabric; used on sleeves or necklines.
- Lace is a delicate net with fine embroidery of flowers, foliage or geometric patterns. The finest lace is handmade. Some dresses are made entirely of lace; and lace is frequently used to trim veils.
- Linen is perfect for a summer wedding at the seaside. Light and breathable, but wrinkles very easily.
- Organza is a stiff, sheer fabric. Can be very sculptural, almost Asian-inspired.
- Satin is one of the most classic and popular bridal fabrics.
- Silk is one of the most luxurious fabrics, but can be very pricey.
- Shantung is a rough-textured, lustrous fabric that resembles raw silk. Gaining in popularity, especially for bridesmaids dresses.
- Taffeta is crisp and smooth with a visible weave. Fine taffeta can be very elegant, but beware lower quality, which can look cheap.
- Tulle is a net-like material used in veils and underskirts, gorgeous in a ballerina-style dress.