- Long Dresses: Prom is a formal event and long clothes are always a standard for formal events since women has been wearing long clothes at events like balls for hundreds of years.
- Short Dresses: If a girl feels that long clothes does not suit her, she can go for short clothes and even some prom purists argue that short skirts would be more appropriate for a prom event. Even though, short dresses are not formal, there is an upsurge in the number of girls going for these dresses.
- Mermaid dresses: These dress are given this name since they have a curvaceous silhouette that look like a Mermaid’s tail. This dress would be highly suitable for girls looking for showing off their figure and it would be appropriate for skinny girls since it can add curves to their frame.
- Asymmetrical dress Even though, this type of prom dress is regarded as old fashion, girls are still choosing this dress for their prom event since they tend to look quite edgy with the neckline that is not balanced.
- Sequins and glitter: These dresses are highly suitable to offer an eye-catching appearance to the girls.
- Strapless dresses: Strapless clothes are the timeless option for any prom event and even though most of the women do not wish to go for this type of dress, strapless dresses would be the cuter option for the enjoyable event since girls can wear it without the requirement of extra support to straps. They can just ensure to invest in a strapless bra and they can confidently go for this type of prom dress for the memorable day.
To help out girls select their appropriate dress for the forth coming prom event, there are different websites offering information about dealers of these dresses in different areas and they also have images of some of the popular dresses so that girls can make their appropriate selection from the displayed models.